News comes to me via the wondrous Euro Crime blog of a new Danish crime series, The Killing, that’s due to start on BBC4 this Saturday, 22 January (two episodes back to back at 9.00pm and 10.00pm).
- 20 episodes – one for each of the 20 days of the case (a bit like 24, but days instead of hours, if you see what I mean)
- Features a female head of investigations, Inspector Sarah Lund (big cheer!)
- Police procedural (shades of Wallander, perhaps?)
- Originally shown in 2007 on Danish TV, where it was a big hit.
- Received a nomination for International Emmy for best Best Drama.
Sounds very promising.
Euro Crime carries the BBC4 press release here, which gives some details about the story-line (no major spoilers though).
[See also my review of the first two episodes in a later post – link on right hand menu]
does anyone know where to actually purchase the introduction theme tune by Neptun?